Eligibility Requirements For No More Nightmares Grants for Eastern PA
• Assistance is awarded to individuals with a muscular dystrophy disease or the direct family of the affected individual.
• Applicants are required to provide a copy of a previously filed tax return for their household or any similar documentation. This documentation can be emailed to
• Applicants must reside in eastern PA. Applications from Carbon, Columbia, Lackawanna, Lehigh, Luzerne, Monroe, Northampton and Wayne counties will be considered first. Examples of eligible items include wheelchair modifications, technology (computers, communication devices, “smart” devices like Amazon Echos), and other adaptive and medical equipment
• Applicants must request specific modifications or equipment to apply for a Laughing At My Nightmare grant. If the application is approved, Laughing At My Nightmare cannot accommodate returns or exchanges for the equipment provided.
• Grants are disbursed directly to suppliers of the desired equipment or modifications. Individuals making the grant application are required to submit estimates from potential suppliers.
Application Instructions and Additional Information
Applicants must complete all questions of the applications in order to be considered for a Laughing At My Nightmare Grant, including providing contact information and estimates from at least two (2) suppliers and/or contractors for the equipment or renovations requested in the application.
Applicants will receive a confirmation e-mail when their application has been received. Additional requests (Written quotes from companies/contractors for modifications, financial information, etc.) will be made in email form from
Grants run on average of $2,000 – $5,000; there is no minimum award.
Laughing At My Nightmare will review each request and make specific recommendations to the Board of Directors for approval. All notifications, both of awards and declinations, will be emailed out after the Board has met.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW. REMEMBER TO CLICK SUBMIT BEFORE EXITING YOUR BROWSER