Wheelchair-Accessible Vehicle Grant
"Anything is possible when a person has safe, reliable access to travel."
Application now open!
This application is for a grant in the amount of up to $50,000 from Laughing At My Nightmare, Inc. for the purchase of a wheelchair-accessible vehicle.
Please read and complete every section carefully, and submit the completed application along with the Requested Materials by no later than June 1st, 2018.
Applications should be submitted to:
Laughing At My Nightmare, Inc.
Attn: Grant Department
2732 Lafayette Ave.
Bethlehem, PA 18017
VERY IMPORTANT: You are welcome to begin exploring wheelchair-accessible vehicles that will suit your needs; however, for the purposes of this application, you do not need to have your vehicle selected. Once our committee has selected the Grant Recipient, we will work with him/her and the dealership to select the vehicle that works best.
Laughing At My Nightmare, Inc. will provide $50,000 towards the purchase of this vehicle. Any amount over $50,000 is your responsibility.
1. Applicant must prove that s/he has been diagnosed with a form of muscular dystrophy OR must be a parent/guardian/caregiver of an individual living with a form of muscular dystrophy. See: Requested Material
2. Applicant must be 18 years of age. (Note: You may apply for this grant to purchase a van for an individual under the age of 18; however, the signee must be 18+) See: Requested Materials
3. Applicant must provide proof of a valid driver’s license for him/herself OR provide proof of a valid driver’s license for a parent/guardian/caregiver who will be driving the awarded vehicle. See: Requested Materials
4. Applicant must be a citizen of and reside in the United States.
5. Applicant must agree that s/he is responsible for any amount of the vehicle purchase over $50,000, including, but not limited to: taxes, registration fees, title transfers, ongoing maintenance, dealership fees, warranties, and vehicle insurance.
6. Applicant must demonstrate financial need and will be required to provide documentation. See: Requested Materials