Medical Treatment Assistance
As science rapidly progresses, more cures and treatments are becoming available to people living with muscular dystrophy. It’s a fascinating, astounding time to be alive. But these treatments are no walk in the park. They require numerous trips to specific administering sites (think: big cities), hotel stays, time off of work, meals, gas, and more. Forget the fact that many treatments are exorbitantly priced; the out-of-pocket expenses alone can be the obstacle keeping individuals from receiving treatments.
WE WILL CHANGE THAT!
The purpose of the Medical Treatment Assistance (MTA) program is to provide travel/lodging/meal assistance to individuals living with muscular dystrophy in order to alleviate the burden of traveling for medical treatments. This assistance is provided in the form of one $500 Visa Gift Card to be used for gas, hotel stays, meals, and other expenses associated with traveling to receive medical treatments.
Eligibility Requirements For MTA Grant:
Please note: MTA Grants are intended for individuals and families receiving ongoing medical treatment that requires repeated travel to a treatment site.
• Assistance is awarded to individuals with a muscular dystrophy disease or the direct family of the affected individual. Proof of diagnosis is required (please see Requested Materials).
• Applicants must demonstrate financial need and may be required to provide documentation.
• Applicants must reside in the United States.
• Proof of treatment is required from applicant’s healthcare provider (please see Requested Materials).
• Applicants who are approved may reapply every 12 months.
Download your MTA Grant Application today and submit the completed copy to email@example.com!